navigation

home tutorials contact sponsor follow

Monday, March 3, 2014

looking for luv


Let's just be honest here, online dating is straight up the worst. 
I just watched this weeks episode of Shark Tank 
and I saw this AMAZING idea, Cheek'd
I'm shocked they didn't invest, they don't get this generation of online dating and how awful it is
it just so happens today I found this tumblr of this girls screen shots of her online dating messages and they just really explain how awful online dating is.
(this is one of the PG ones.)

They kept saying on the show that people use online dating because of the anonymity and not being able to approach people at the bar, and while that is true, it makes it easier for these men to say the grosses, most inappropriate things to woman behind the computer screen, because if they ever said that shit in public they would get a drink to the face (or a hand, cause I don't want to waste my drink)

So Cheek'd, the idea is that you get these little business cards, with out giving out your actual business card with all your personal information on it, with a little code on it, and you can give it to the cute guy see on the red line or at the bar or at Trader Joes.
Then if he's interested he goes to the website enters the code and is brought your profile you created, and can leave you a message. 
it's easy its less scary and if they don't look you up its not like you went up to a stranger and asked them to dinner. In this time of Tinder I think something like this could potentially take over the 20's-30's dating world, more people just need to know about it. 
I cant get over how genius this idea is, let me share a little story, this weekend I was out at a bar with my mom and her boyfriend and there was this REALLLLY cute guy in a bow tie (he was part of the wedding that they were having in the upstairs private area) and my mom was digging around in her purse looking for my business card she wanted to give to this guy, I wouldn't let her and we didn't have any cards. that card has my address on it, my cell phone number, my email, etsy, and this blog on it. I don't want random cute guys reading my blog before they know me. If this Cheek'd thing was a known name and that bow tie man was single, I so would have easily been able to walk up, drop a card, and run away. 

I think this just has HUGE potential in Chicago and I would SO SO SO use it and I'm definitely telling all my friends about it, the only thing is it wont work unless it becomes a name like Tinder, everyone knows what tinder is and almost everyone uses it.


would you use this? and do you have any online dating horror stories?

1 comments:

Gracefullself said...

OMG, i saw this and I love the idea of cheek'd! I'm 50 and fab and let me tell you, dating sucks at my age too! but their website was having trouble so they need to get that fixed which i believe is why she needed the investors. but this is really genius. and i've been saying i'm ready to take myself off online dating and back into the real world. and cheek'd is the best of both!

Post a Comment